CITY OF BLAINE
CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
Monday, June 14, 2021
Bonnie Onyon – Mayor
Mary Lou Steward – Mayor Pro Tem
Due to Governor Inslee’s proclamation in response to COVID-19, this City Council meeting will be conducted entirely through Zoom Meetings; a teleconference application. All callers will be muted during the meeting. Written comments can be sent to CityCouncil@cityofblaine.com
. All City Council meeting audio recordings are on the City’s website.
For members of the public who want to watch/listen to the meeting live, click the link below:
If you want to listen via phone, follow the instructions below:
Dial by your location
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
833 548 0282 US Toll-free
877 853 5257 US Toll-free
888 475 4499 US Toll-free
833 548 0276 US Toll-free
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kb5MYqHu2V
844 1118 1719
5:30 PM – Presentation by Gordon Thomas Honeywell Governmental Affairs - End of Legislative Session Update. Presented by Holly Cocci.
CALL TO ORDER:
Moment of Silence and Pledge of Allegiance – Led by Mayor Onyon
COUNCILMEMBERS: Garth Baldwin, Eric Davidson, Sukhwant Singh Gill, Charlie Hawkins, Richard May, Bonnie Onyon, and Mary Lou Steward.
FIRE MARSHAL’S REPORT
1. North Whatcom Fire Update
1. Email dated June 3, 2021, from Holly Cocci, regarding the End of Session report.
2. Email dated June 7, 2021, from Stacie Pratschner, regarding the presentation and website link to the agenda materials for the June 7, 2021, Special City Council meeting.
3. Email dated June 10, 2021, from Sheli Moore, regarding the Community Assistance Program permit.
4. Email dated June 11, 2021, from Noreen Moffett, regarding a vacant house.
Items listed below will be enacted by one motion. If separate discussion is desired on an item, that item may be removed from the Consent Agenda and placed on the Regular Agenda at the request of a Councilmember.
1. Voucher Memo
Approval of Bills: $436,133.46
2. Wire Register: $1,607,436.36
3. Approval of Payroll: $603,534.46
4. Approval of May 24, 2021, City Council Minutes.
5. Approval of June 7, 2021, Special City Council Minutes.
6. Resolution 1853-21, Accepting a donation to the Police Department for a K9 program. (Tanksley)
COUNCIL ACTION ITEMS
1. Ordinance 21-2957
, Adopt the Blaine Planning Commission’s Recommendation to Approve Text Amendments to Chapter 17.14 of the Blaine Municipal Code to Permit Work/Live Units in the Manufacturing Subzone B District.
2. Ordinance 21-2959
, Adopt the Blaine Planning Commission’s Recommendation to Approve Text Amendments to Chapter 17.24 of the Blaine Municipal Code to Align the Performance Standards of the Highway Commercial Subzone C District with the Central Business District Zones.
3. Ordinance 21-2960, Rescinding the Proclamation of Emergency.
EXECUTIVE SESSION: – approximately 6:30 PM – to discuss sale of real property pursuant to RCW 42.30.110(1)(c).
4. Purchase and Sale Agreement for 665 Peace Portal Drive – Sall
5. Purchase and Sale Agreement for 665 Peace Portal Drive
- Bosporus Properties Inc. (Jones)
COMMISSION, COMMITTEE AND BOARD REPORTS
City Manager – Michael Jones
Drayton Harbor No Shooting Zone Update
Property Sale Updates
Family Care Network – Gateway
White-Leasure – Gateway
Nimbus LLC – 665 Peace Portal Drive
Public Works – Bernie Ziemianek
Community Development Services – Stacie Pratschner
4th of July Update – Alex Wenger
Police Department – Chief Tank
Due to COVID-19 and the Governor’s Proclamation, meetings are now only open to the public telephonically. Information on how to listen to the meeting live will be on the City Council agenda which is located on the City’s website homepage under Your Government, City Council, City Council Agenda. Please check the agenda prior to each meeting as the call in number or location may change.
Tuesday, June 22
3:00pm – Civil Service Commission Meeting
Thursday, June 24
6:00pm – Planning Commission Meeting
Monday, June 28
6:00pm – City Council Meeting
Monday, July 5
City Offices Closed – 4th of July (observance)
All City offices are currently closed to the public. Contact information for staff and Councilmembers can be found on the City’s website.
COUNCIL UNFINISHED BUSINESS
COUNCIL NEW BUSINESS
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Requirement: The meeting location is accessible. If you require a special accommodation during your attendance at any public meeting, please contact the City Clerk’s Office (360) 332-8311 at least 72 hours prior to the meeting date you will be attending. Thank you.